This year I am asking folks way smarter than me to answer one question. Its a simple question:
How are you going to build a better world this year?
These great minds will share with us their thoughts on building a better world both personally and professionally. Their collective wisdom will encompass the practical and the visionary. This is how good is created. Today’s guest blogger discusses ways we can build a better world through improvement of self.
You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his or her own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think can be most useful-Marie Curie
I will step into a better version of “me” to help build a better world!
I am a big believer in the“Law of Attraction” and I know that if I focus on improving “me” I will also be improving the world. Law of Attraction says, “That which is like unto itself is drawn.” I truly believe it’s an inside job-if you want a better world or simply for things to be better on the “outside” it must come from within. Whatever I am thinking, feeling, and seeing, I am creating a vibrational match to. So if I ask for a better world, or even partake in activities that I think are contributing to a better world then I will be creating a better world. However, the universe is not responding so much to my words or action, but instead my vibrational calling. So, when reflecting on this question I thought about some key concepts based on the Law of Attraction that I would do to help become a better me. Below I have listed a few tips to help us step into a better version of us which will ultimately create a vibrational match for a better world.
1) Silence. Getting quiet by meditating energizes your awareness and helps bring peace to a busy mind. Meditation helps one become more alert and effective in our interaction with each other, resulting in a more awareness and creating gentler interactions with our precious world.
2) Gratitude. There is no other greater way to achieve all that you desire than being in the state of absolute appreciation. If we want to build a better world and step into complete alignment, then practice being thankful and experience the pleasant feelings of all that you have in your life today.
3) Thought Awareness. Thoughts are powerful enough to manifest anything you want. Every thought we think is vibrating at a frequency that is attracting another thought that is even higher than the previous thought. Eventually all these thoughts will soon become powerful enough to create a “physical” situation. So think good thoughts.
4) Create a Vision Board. A vision board is a powerful visualization tool that activates the laws of attraction and begins to manifest your dreams into reality. It simply is a collage of images of things you want to have, be or do in your life. Choose images and words that evoke a positive emotional charge and fuel your passion.
5) Tell a Better Story. Based on the principles of the Universe: When it is asked, it is always given. Therefore, if you want to improve yourself improve the story you tell every day of your life. You want to create a story that feels good to you and is uplifting. Write your story out on paper and say it as much as you can. The transformation that occurs is amazing; the Laws of the Universe will help put you in alignment with all that you desire.
There are many ways to build a better world. However, one of the most powerful ways is start with ourselves.
Some of the tips mentioned above are just a few to get started, but the real work comes when practicing these strategies on a consistent basis. Meditate everyday; only ten minutes a day will make huge improvements. Practice thinking new positive thoughts daily; replace your limiting thoughts with ones full of possibilities. If we all make an effort to step into a better version of ourselves, the greater the chances of manifesting a better world!
Erin Suess is a life coach and career consultant. Through individualized/group coaching programs and career testing she helps her clients get to the heart of what really matters, set realistic goals and overcome obstacles. Visit her site (http://www.lifecoachingdesigns.com) or click here to see her schedule of free workshops (http://www.lifecoachingdesigns.com/Workshops.html)